Best of the ‘Burbs Tour is Back with 130+ Models
Today’s trending home design will be on full display as Johnson Development opens the doors to more than 130 professionally decorated model homes — many of them new — during the Best of the ‘Burbs home tour this April.
In addition to the model homes, nearly 500 available homes in a dozen communities throughout the Houston area will also be open for touring.
“We are excited to showcase some of the nation’s top builders in 12 of our beautiful Houston-area communities,” said Christen Johnson, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Johnson Development. “Not only do our communities offer world-class amenities, but buying a new home often allows for a number of advantages, including customizations, lower maintenance costs and potential energy savings. Additionally, for those with a keen design eye, this is a great time to come see vibrant, bold colors and flex entertaining spaces found throughout the homes.”
Priced from less than $300,000 to more than $1 million, homes will be open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and noon to 6 p.m. Sundays during the tour. Admission is free. Communities included on the tour are:
- Cross Creek Ranch, a 3,200-acre community in Fulshear, just minutes west of the Grand Parkway off of FM 1093 and adjacent to the Texas Heritage Parkway. Twenty-five model homes will be opening for touring in Cross Creek Ranch, ranked among the 50 best-selling communities in the nation. Visitors can stop at the welcome center for details on the community’s many amenities as well as enjoy Music on the Patio at Italian Maid Café in Cross Creek Ranch on April 14 and 28. An Earth Day celebration will be open to the public on April 22.
- Sienna, a 10,800-acre development located along Highway 6 in Fort Bend County. One of the nation’s top-selling master-planned communities and in its 26th year of development, Sienna will have 31 model homes open for touring during April. Visitors can shop a weekly farmers market 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Saturday. In addition, the Homefinder Center is open weekdays, offering information about Sienna’s many amenities and onsite schools — including a new elementary opening this August.
- Woodforest, a 3,000-acre development located seven miles west of Interstate 45 in South Montgomery County. Listed among the nation’s top-selling for 10 years, Woodforest boasts a growing commercial district, with dozens of new restaurants, shops and other businesses now open in Pine Market. Twenty-one models will be on the tour
- Grand Central Park, a 2,046-acre master-planned community in Conroe with authentic hiking trails, expansive natural lakes and wooded serenity. Builders will have 10 model homes open for touring. Numerous businesses and restaurants have now opened in Marcel Boulevard in Grand Central Park; additionally, the Hyatt Regency Conroe Hotel & Convention Center is slated to open there this year. The community will host a Jazz Fest that is open to the public 1-4 p.m. Saturday, April 29.
- Cross Creek West, a 1,258-acre community in Fulshear on FM 359 and Jordan Road. Cross Creek West, which opened for sales last year, will have eight model homes on the tour. In the works is the Waterhole Amenity Center, expected to open in summer 2024. Dozens of artisans will showcase their creations at an Art Market slated for 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 29.
- Edgewater, a 538-acre mixed-use development built along the banks of Clear Creek in Webster. Just minutes from Interstate 45, Edgewater is near the Johnson Space Center, the NASA Parkway bypass and several major medical centers. Three model homes will be open.
- Jordan Ranch, a 1,350-acre project in Fulshear located one mile south of Interstate 10 and a few miles west of the Grand Parkway. Thirteen model homes will be open for touring in Jordan Ranch, named “Community of the Year” in the 2022 Houston’s Best PRISM Awards hosted by the Greater Houston Builders Association. The public is invited to attend the Hip Hop Hooray event 2-5 p.m. Saturday, April 8.
- Harvest Green, a 2,000-acre farm-centric development located in Richmond. Development has moved into a 630-acre expansion, with two model homes on the tour and other models expected to open later this spring. Development is centered on the community’s 12-acre Village Farm. Harvest Green also boasts onsite Fort Bend schools and the Messina Hof Winery.
- Veranda, a 710-acre development in Richmond near the northwest corner of Williams Way Boulevard and U.S. 59. The community will have nine model homes open during the Best of the ‘Burbs tour. Because of strong home sales in the community, limited opportunities remain for a new home in Veranda.
- Riverstone, a 3,800-acre project in Fort Bend County just minutes from U.S. 59 and the Fort Bend Parkway. Two models will be open during the tour. For years one of the nation’s top-selling master-planned communities, Riverstone has new homes available in only one neighborhood right now, Avalon at Riverstone.
- Amira, a 549-acre community in Tomball just north of the Grand Parkway. Builders Beazer Homes and Perry Homes will have six model homes open during the home tour. Amira is being developed by Johnson Development Services, an affiliate of Johnson Development Corp.
- Candela, a 578-acre community located in Richmond along FM 359 about a mile south of the Westpark Tollway. Nine model homes will be available to tour in the community, which is being developed by Johnson Development Services, an affiliate of Johnson Development.